Graduate Technical Consultant
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As a Graduate Technical Consultant in Merkle you will work with our marketing technology tool of choice, Adobe Campaign and directly with clients. You will work alongside a more senior technical consultant on Marketing Technology solutions to become their trusted consultant, implementing solutions and working with the client to maximise the value of their investment.
The tool this team works with is Adobe Campaign. We don’t require any previous experience with this tool however we will want to see evidence of research into it, throughout the interview process.
Life as a Junior Technical Consultant at Merkle
The role is a blend of software implementation and configuration with responsibility for providing innovative, value-add marketing technology solutions. You will own some of the technical deliverables throughout the software implementation lifecycle from project kick off to delivery and on-going support. It is also a client facing role where you will assist both in specific technical areas and with the overall solution.
The majority of your day will be spent working within Adobe Campaign. Your day could involve any of the below tasks:
- Implementing a piece of code or fixing a bug
- Monitoring the marketing tools performance
- Consultative support for clients
- Working with clients on-site
- Configuring Adobe Campaign based on client’s requirements
- Working on web application and transactional emails
- Using other Adobe marketing cloud products such as (Adobe Analytics and Adobe experience manager)
About Our Team
- You will form part of 20 highly skilled consultants, there is not much we don’t know about software implementation!
- The team is all UK and Spain based and regularly gets together for lunch and learn knowledge sharing sessions, we value collaboration and encourage innovation
- The team is experienced in many different marketing technologies, you will have the option to cross train and enhance your knowledge
- You will work on diverse projects across virtually every sector
- We will invest in the training you need to develop your career, both technical and soft skills
What we are looking for in you
- Graduate with at least a 2:1 degree
- Good communication skills and ability to be client facing
- Interest in consulting around the marketing technologies such as Adobe Campaign
- Experience peer reviewing of other tools and implementations
- Curiosity to deliver innovative solutions to drive customer satisfaction
Be prepared to travel or work on Client/Partner site when required, including other regions and abroad
Not essential but preferable:
- Any client facing experience in programming, product configuration and integration of Adobe Campaign (or similar, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Knowledge of working with APIs - preferably SOAP and REST based APIs
- Any experience or knowledge with Adobe Campaign Classic or Standard version would be a distinct advantage.
Although this role is a technical position and does require someone to work with different programmes and languages and implement solutions, it is not a software developer role.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)