Quality Management (Observations) Industrial Placement 2019
Our Industrial Placement scheme offers undergraduates the opportunity to gain valuable experience working alongside some of the UK’s most talented and enthusiastic IT professionals.
Why should I choose the Met Office?
As an Industrial Placement within the Observations Quality Management team at the Met Office, you will be paid £17,000 pa and have the opportunity to spend 12 months (between July 2019 - July 2020) working with a team on quality control software, developing your skills and putting what you have learnt into practice.
The Observations Industrial Placement scheme is an exciting opportunity to see first-hand what we do as well as make a real impact that the Met Office truly values. With your industrial experience there is the potential, after obtaining your degree, to apply and join one of our teams.
Tell me a little more about what you do….
Meteorological observations underpin Met Office operations, being essential to forecasting and climate services. They are used to initialise numerical models, verify our forecasts, provide consultancy services and monitor climate change. The observations team in Edinburgh is responsible for the quality management of surface meteorological observations that are used by a variety of customers and stored within our climate database.
Can I apply?
To become an Industrial Placement within the Observations Quality Management team at the Met Office you will need to be someone who:
- Is studying for an undergraduate degree with a significant numeracy, science and/or IT element which MUST incorporate a placement year (i.e. sandwich course).
- Possesses knowledge of at least one programming language (ideally with skills in Java or Python)
- Has a keen interest in IT and keeps up to date with current and future IT developments
- Has effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can plan and organise work using their own initiative
- Demonstrates evidence of good oral and written communication skills
Desirably, you would be someone who can also demonstrate:
- An appreciation of customer needs and the importance of good customer service
- A proven ability to work well as a member of a team
- Practical knowledge or experience of IT, ideally with database skills.
How do I apply?
If you think this role sounds perfect for you and you meet the above requirements, then please follow these simple steps…
- Click Apply to be redirected to the Met Office recruitment portal
- Fill out the online application and give as much evidence as possible against the skills required
When will I hear if I have been shortlisted?
We will be accepting applications until 24th March 2019. During this time, we may get in touch if you are unfortunately not eligible or we have spotted something missing from your application. Otherwise, you can expect to hear from us around the w/c 1st April 2019 once the hiring manager has reviewed all the applications received. We often receive a high number of applications so it can take a little while to look at each one, but we always let people know the outcome.
The next stage (if shortlisted) will be a face to face interview and an opportunity to meet the team, this will take place around the 24th April.
- For operational reasons this post will be based Edinburgh.
- This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate, you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
- This post requires you to gain full security clearance due to the nature of the role. Therefore, in order obtain full clearance you will need to have lived at the same address in the UK for 2 years out of the last 5 years or lived in the UK for 3 out of the last 5 years if you have lived at various addresses.