Metaswitch Networks is powering the transition of communication networks into a cloud-based, software-centric, all-IP future. We are at the forefront of a technology revolution that is changing how networks are built, how information is distributed and how we will communicate in the future.
We work with customers across the world, from established giants – such as BT, AT&T, Cisco and Microsoft – to more nimble companies (like us), who are creating the next big breakthroughs in the ways we communicate.
From day one, you will be assigned real tasks working within a project team. We will provide you with close support and tailored training to develop quickly, then ongoing personal development to help progress your career in the direction you want.
We are recruiting talented, motivated and exceptionally bright Graduates, Post-graduates and Interns, from ALL academic disciplines to work in the following business areas;
- Product Development – responsible for designing and developing industry-leading, openly programmable solutions that run on standard hardware or in virtualized environments. The software engineering team use a wide variety of programming languages within an agile environment. We have a strong culture of continuous improvement, and a proud record of delivering high quality products, on time and to budget.
- System Testing – ensures that our products meet our customers’ exacting standards and deliver carrier-grade performance and reliability in even the most challenging conditions. We use a wide variety of test practises, including extensive levels of both automated and manual testing, and a mixture of formal analysis, and informal exploratory testing.
- Customer Support – works closely with our global customer base to help them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
- Sales Engineering – this part of the organisation assists in the sale of our solutions by providing comprehensive technical support to the Sales team, contributing to sales goals and revenue targets.
Anyone that excels in all areas will have the opportunity to run their own division – acting effectively as an entrepreneur within the company.
If you can bring creative solutions to challenging problems, and want to work with colleagues who are among the smartest and brightest in their field, then we want to hear from you. You do not need any prior experience (none whatsoever!).
What we look for
We are looking for people who
- Have a solid academic record, including a good degree in any subject
- Have an interest in technology (no computing experience is needed)
- Stand out because of their creativity and versatility
- Have excellent communication skills and a positive, can-do attitude
Opportunities are available in Enfield (North London), Edinburgh, Cambridge, Coventry and Chester. In addition, some of the roles will offer the opportunity to travel abroad if this is of interest to you.
Graduates and Post Graduates start on a salary of £35,000. We operate bonus and share plans to ensure your contribution is recognised. Other benefits include pension scheme, private healthcare and up to seven weeks holiday after your first year.
There are numerous team and social events, where activities can vary from the Metaswitch Sports day, treasure hunts, drinks, bowling or karting, hackathons, to a day or weekend away (our Engineering Organisations have recently returned from Amsterdam and Brussels!).
Undergraduates receive £1,500 per month, social events and subsidised accommodation close to whichever office you choose to work in (opportunities are available in London, Cambridge, Chester, Coventry and Edinburgh).
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!