Graduate Support Engineer (UK)
The Customer Support team is a vital part of the overall Metaswitch organisation. The team has played a key role in the successful deployment of Metaswitch equipment to provide next generation voice services in 300 carriers’ networks. Our customers have consistently reported the exceptional quality of Metaswitch’s customer support as one of our key differentiators.
Your team will comprise of
industry veterans with a vast range of experience in support
engineers that previously worked in the product development team and in many cases wrote the software that they are now supporting.
The Customer Support team works closely with our customer base to assist them with design, implementation and troubleshooting of deployments involving a wide range of Metaswitch and partner products.
After an initial training period, successful candidates will become a full part of the Metaswitch Customer Engineering team, working with customers on a wide range of tasks, including the following.
- Providing technical assistance on Metaswitch products and related technologies.
- Assisting with turn up of new services, and migration of existing services from legacy platforms.
- Assisting with resolution of any defects found in Metaswitch and partner equipment.
- Maintaining regular communication regarding all aspects of their Metaswitch deployment.
- Providing feedback to our Engineering and Product Management teams.
- Occasionally travelling to customer sites, as part of these responsibilities.
We believe firmly in hands-on training, so the successful candidate will very quickly find themselves working directly with our customers on large, complex projects that are vital to their business success.
Salaries are reviewed regularly on the basis of performance; we believe that we are one of the few companies who really do pay employees in accordance with their contribution.
All of our employees receive a comprehensive benefits package, which is a combination of what you would expect from a modern, well-managed organisation - along with one or two specials of our own. The company also operates an employee share plan which enables all our people to benefit from the increased value of the company.
We have team and office morale events with a very generous budget. Activities can vary from drinks, bowling or go-karting with your team mates, to a day or weekend away with a larger group.
We offer the opportunity to do an interesting and demanding job in a well-managed and very successful company. Despite being established for over 30 years, we are a dynamic and fast growing organisation with an outstanding record of getting the best out of people – which is why our staff retention is exceptionally high.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- a strong academic record (a minimum of all A grades at A level or equivalent) and a good degree in any subject
- an aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please note, no experience is necessary, as we will train you on the job from day one.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!