Finance Team Work Placement
Metaswitch, the world’s leading cloud native communications software company, are currently looking for a placement year student to join the busy Finance team. This is likely to last around one year and the successful person will join us in August/September (though we can be flexible around this).
This varied placement will be a great opportunity for you to work in a busy Finance team, alongside a team of friendly colleagues. The below will give you a snapshot of the main responsibilities, however it’s not limited to this and based on your skills/experience, there may be scope to get involved in other projects:
- processing accounts payable invoices
- sending accounts payable invoices to managers for approval
- dealing with queries from suppliers
- checking accounts receivable invoicing list
- learning how US Sales Tax rules apply to our business
- sending out accounts receivable invoices
- dealing with queries from customers on sales invoices
- carrying out bank reconciliations
- Good A levels (including Maths) and you will be studying an Accounting or Business related degree
- strong attention to detail
- energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels of our organisation.
- the ability to prioritize and multi-task, delivering whilst adapting to changing requirements and deadlines
- proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We will pay an annual salary of £17,000. You will also be entitled to 20 days’ holiday per year, pro-rated for the time you are with us.
We also have company accommodation within a short walk of our offices that you are able to stay in for the duration of this placement.
Application and Selection
Our recruitment process is designed to be thorough and tough, yet informative and friendly.
First, we’ll ask you to have a telephone interview with one of our Recruiters. We’ll then ask you to visit our Enfield Office to meet with members of the team. We want to find out more about you, but also provide the opportunity for you to get a good ‘feel’ for the role and Metaswitch.
To apply for this position, please send us a
- CV (including all academic grades)
- covering email telling us about yourself and why you are interested in, and suited to, the role
We look forward to hearing from you.
Metaswitch is an equal opportunities employer.