Training Contract 2021
Mills & Reeve is a major UK law firm and among the 50 largest UK law firms. Our business model is straightforward – the highest quality advice, outstanding client service and value for money. Our highly collaborative culture underpins this model and has created our strong ambition to grow. Increased scale and focus have enabled us to achieve leading positions in our work for substantial and high growth businesses and individuals as well as in the health, higher education and further education sectors, real estate and insurance across the UK.
Our commercial clients include global and UK based businesses, FTSE and AIM listed organisations, private companies and start-ups. We work with firms across the globe (including fellow members of the SCG Legal, a worldwide network of leading law firms) to support our clients’ international requirements.
For the 15th year running, Mills & Reeve has been listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, which recognises that we put people at the centre of our business.
We believe that success can only be achieved through hard work, commitment and investment in the right people.
Areas of practice
Mills & Reeve’s services are delivered through firm-wide core groups: corporate & commercial, employment, family, insurance disputes, private client, projects & construction, real estate and regulatory, public & commercial disputes. The firm has a strong sector focus with expertise in charities, education, food & agribusiness, government, health, insurance, private wealth, sport, technology and life sciences.
Who should apply?
- We welcome applications from penultimate year law students, final year non-law students and graduates. We expect you to have already gained or be on course for a 2.1 degree or equivalent from either law or non-law disciplines.
- We recruit graduates who set high standards of achievement in both their academic and personal life.
- You’ll have a good balance between academic ability, interpersonal skills, drafting skills, common sense, commercial awareness, confidence and a professional attitude to work. You will also be willing to accept early responsibility.
- We look for candidates who have the potential to develop into our solicitors of the future.
- We sponsor candidates to complete the GDL and/or LPC (retrospective fees not paid) and offer a maintenance grant of £4,500 for each course.
- Trainees complete six seats lasting four months each, which gives them opportunity to experience a broad range of our practice areas and sectors. Movement between offices is encouraged and supported with an accommodation allowance.
- Training is supported by a full induction, in-house training programme developed by our team of professional support lawyers and the professional skills course.
- A high proportion of trainees remain with the firm on qualification.