DESG Undergraduate Sponsorship Scheme
The DESG Undergraduate Sponsorship Scheme is a unique opportunity to earn whilst you study for a specialist degree. We are looking for students who have a desire to join the Defence Engineering and Science Group within the MoD and who are studying in one of the following areas:
- Naval Architecture
- Systems Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Radio Engineering
- Control Systems Engineering
- Communication Systems Engineering
- Micro-electronics Engineering
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Ship Science
- Nuclear Engineering
(Degrees must be accredited by a professional institution licenced by the UK Engineering or Science Councils or equivalent for Nuclear).
In return you will get:
- An annual bursary or at least £3,000 whilst studying (depending on year of study and subject to successfully completing your exams and summer placement each academic year).
- A ten-week summer placement at Abbey Wood during which time you will be paid monthly (currently £19,109 pro rata) in return for some meaningful work which should support your university studies and allow you to deliver a business output whilst starting to develop your professional competence ready for when you join the graduate scheme.
- A place on the DESG Graduate Scheme upon successful attainment of a 2:2 Bachelor degree or higher.
- A mentor to support and guide you through the scheme towards professional registration.
To apply to the scheme you must:
- Be a British National or have dual nationality, with British being one of those nationalities.
- Be studying for a degree in one of the areas listed above that is suitably accredited at a University in the UK.
- Be in your first or second year of a 3-year degree and on track to achieve a 2:2 Bachelor degree or higher, or be in your first, second or third year of a 4-year Masters degree.
- Be able to work a 10-week summer placement at Abbey Wood, Bristol, between each academic year.
- Sign a contract of undertaking agreeing to work in the MoD upon graduation for a minimum of 3 years.
Click 'Apply Online' to find out more.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!