Customer Operations: Daytime (Cardiff)
We're looking for detail-oriented, empathetic problem solvers to join our Customer Operations (COps) team in our Cardiff office.
We're building the best possible banking experience for and with our community of customers. We aim to delight people by making their financial lives simpler, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-classsupport.
You’ll be at the heart of Monzo
You'll be the first point of contact for every single one of our users who have a question, problem, feedback and compliments! COps are the face of Monzo, and the main way our customers interact with us.
You’ll know how to fix problems on the spot
Every person in customer operations has the power to solve problems quickly and with minimal fuss. We’ll give you all the tools and training you need so you know exactly how payments systems actually work, and you’ll listen to customers’ concerns with positivity, empathy and patience. Then you’ll fix whatever’s up and stop it from happening again.
- talking directly and honestly with our customers, developing a deep understanding of what our community really wants from a digital bank
- proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier
- managing our business operations tasks, from making sure all our merchants have the right emoji to checking identity documents
- understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and feature requests to the external product team (who build our app)
- making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best bank account in the world.
You should apply if:
- you're great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English
- you delight in investigating awkward problems, getting to the root cause and fixing them
- you know your way around social networks, and technology interests you
- you're friendly, super organised and want to work at the weekend
- you want to be part of the team that makes Monzo!
Your working life
The salary for this role is around £21k. All Monzo team members also get share options as part of their package - read more about what this means here. You’ll be working from our office in Cardiff, Monday to Friday, and will be required to work one weekend in every three. Day time shifts start between 7am-12pm, on a rotational basis, and we’ll try to accommodate your other commitments.
This position is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
If you're successful, we’ll send you a take-home task, and if you ace that we’ll invite you for a half-day assessment in our Cardiff office. You’ll have some one-on-one interviews and a collaborative task with a small group of other candidates. If all goes well, you'll join our small but growing team on a mission to build the best bank in the world!
You'll spend your first two weeks in training (Monday-Friday) generally between 09:00-18:00. But we can be flexible to fit your circumstances (like childcare or university courses) and we'll discuss with you how best to make this work.
Take your time with the application questions
We pay a lot of attention to your answers when we’re looking at your application. So don’t speed through them, they’re worth spending some time over.