EMEA Investment Banking Associate (Early Bird)
Placement and duration
As a London-based generalist Associate in Investment Banking, you will be exposed to a range of investment banking activities as you work with experienced financial and strategic decision makers on several teams across a variety of products, industries and clients, making a significant contribution at every stage of a deal. During the Associate Programme, your projects could involve mergers, IPOs or financing new ventures. You may be in charge of a competitive auction process to divest a business, identify potential strategic acquisition targets, negotiate with companies over the financing of a new project, organise a road show for potential investors in a major new equity offering, or advise their team on how to tackle a complex piece of analysis. After your first year, you will begin to specialise in an industry, product or geographic region.
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) Associate Programme begins with four weeks of intensive training in London, featuring presentations from experienced internal speakers and industry experts, as well as practical sessions where you will interact and learn from your peer group. Topics will include valuation interpretation and application, financial statement analysis, capital structure, financing solutions, M&A processes and analysis. Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory examinations are mandatory during your initial training, and full support and guidance will be provided. The programme also includes multiple social events that will assist in building your professional network. The firm also offers a number of optional training courses throughout the year.
- Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions.
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
- You have a strong academic background working toward an MBA or equivalent with a relevant level of professional experience.
- You are fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is preferred.
- You are a results-driven team player who performs well under pressure and against tight deadlines.
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarise them effectively.
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards.
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits
Application deadline (Early Bird): The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday 18th July 2018.
Application & selection process
Candidates must apply online via the button below and are encouraged to apply early as we recruit on an ongoing basis. Applicants will be required to complete online tests within 48 hours of submitting an application.
Please note that programmes may run in both the winter and the summer, and we may also have some additional off-cycle positions available throughout the year, depending on business needs.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!