Risk Industry Placement Programme 2018
A placement in our Risk division gives you unique exposure to the core elements of a risk management company and an opportunity to apply the skills you’ve developed so far and learn some new ones in a business environment.
We are exposed to over £5bn of asset risk via the vehicles we own and lease to our customers. Forecasting future vehicle values and asset depreciation is the bet we take when we lease our cars to our customers. But we don’t take that risk lightly – our Asset Risk team uses a combination of econometric and statistical approaches and industry expertise to understand and model the macro and micro influences – getting every car on fleet £5 out amounts to >£3m!
Our Pricing team balances the needs of customers with those of our suppliers and scheme partners while managing our own profit margins within a target corridor. To deliver that they optimise our forecasts of costs and incomes to ensure an affordable, sustainable and varied product offering for our customers.
With over a million customers insured to drive our cars and an annual spend of almost half a billion pounds, our Insurance team is key to understanding the risk exposure both within our own fleet and customer base and via the external insurance industry. They also work closely with our fronting insurer and wholly owned subsidiary, which manages the reinsurance operation.
Our Business Risk team provide second line of defence support to the wider business and bring together the risk management framework which specifies the Risk Appetite Framework, facilitates risk assessments and provides the link into the Economic Capital Requirement.
- London based although may require Bristol visits/short stay
- Exposure to all elements of the risk division although likely longer placements with deliverables in two areas (Asset Risk, Pricing)
- We also maintain flexibility to adapt placements across the 4 areas (e.g. if candidate very keen to work in insurance and business requirements can accommodate)
- The placement involves working as an analyst, understanding the internal and external factors impacting our analysis and forecasts, contributing to forums and review groups and influencing decision making as well as ownership of analytical projects with deliverables that make a difference.
The closing date for applications is 31st January 2018.
You’ll need to be on track to gain a minimum 2:1 degree (in a Economics discipline) to qualify for the Risk Industry Placement Programme. We re looking for candidates who are:
- Studying economics, preferably one of the more analytical courses including econometrics
- Driven by a desire to use their logical thinking and technical skills to understand influencing factors and turn that into a real view of the future
- Able to communicate and convince people of those views
- Confident & Commercially aware
- Proactive and looking to make the most of every opportunity
- Passionate about business
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!