2019 UK Graduate Acoustic Engineering Scheme
What will you be getting up to?
Our acoustic engineers are helping clients manage acoustics, noise and vibration in their buildings in the residential, commercial, transport, education and health, municipal, sports and leisure and performing arts sectors. We also undertake noise and vibration impact assessment for transportation schemes such as road and rail.
You will be joining a team driven by a commitment to provide best value for our clients through a culture of innovation, safety, research and development. Mott Macdonald are well equipped to serve the whole spectrum of infrastructure and buildings development and management.
You will have the opportunity to get exposure to many of our acoustic services, which include:
- Modelling, prediction, investigation and design services to minimise noise and vibration
- Assessment and appraisal of infrastructure schemes at all stages
- Facade design to control external noise intrusion
- Sound insulation design to achieve client’s privacy requirements
- Architectural acoustic design to optimise acoustic comfort
- Electro-acoustic design to enhance intelligibility of life safety communication systems
We are looking for graduates to join our Croydon offices.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for acoustic engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in acoustical engineering or related degree.
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
You will be helping to improve many aspects of our daily lives, including the comfort and performance of buildings for education, healthcare, arts, business or residential.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with the Institute of Acoustics Engineers (IOA).
What else is involved?
- With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
- You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
- We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.