UK Town Planning Summer Internship
What to expect
Our summer internship schemes are for a period of 8 to 12 weeks, during which, you will have the opportunity to work within one of our sectors.
We are currently recruiting for Town Planning intern and we can be flexible with the office location.
If you’re invited to an interview, this is when we will discuss in more detail the specifics of the job role you applied for and what it involves. You will be working with graduates, experienced professionals, and other students so an internship with us is the perfect opportunity to learn from a variety of people while understanding our values and culture. It’s also a great chance to get involved with real projects while gaining relevant experience.
We do not have a formal structure for our internships so you can really make the role your own. The more you get involved and the more questions you ask, the more you will gain from your experience with us.
To join us for a summer placement you must currently be at university. We typically have placements for students studying the degree disciplines listed in the above job description. If your degree discipline does not appear here, we still encourage you to apply as our requirements can change but please be advised that we may not have a suitable placement for you this year.
We are looking for students with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About our internships – is this the right move for you?
- We’re looking for highly motivated students who are passionate about learning from our industry experts. You’ll be given the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working on some of the exciting projects that are helping to shape tomorrow’s world.
- We understand that to put your learning into practice it’s important that you’re given an accurate insight in to our innovative industry. With enough work placement experience under your belt you can get just that. Think of it as a worthwhile investment towards your future career.
We place a lot of emphasis on giving you a realistic view of our world so you can decide if it’s the industry you want to work in.
Many of the employees that we recruit for our graduate schemes are students that have made an impression during their internships with us, so remember, this could be the start of a promising career for you with Mott MacDonald.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.