Graduate Data Scientist
What will you be getting up to?
The aviation industry is continually evolving, and many of our customers are seeking to address more of their challenges by utilising digital, information and data management solutions. This is where our graduate IT specialists come in. In today’s world, we face many technical and business challenges such as revenue growth, capacity constraints and digital transformation with a population that is becoming more It literate; we’re passionate about contributing to creating the solutions for these challenges.
Working in both the UK and internationally, we help to create technology and IT strategies for airports and aviation groups, and other major partners. We use the latest technology trends and innovations to meet the requirements of the industry.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- IT programmes: with the guidance and support of our experts, you’ll be working on a variety of programmes supporting the delivery of major projects.
- IT strategies: you’ll have the opportunity to develop strategies to meet the changing requirements of airport, supported by our industry experts.
- Transformational Change: the introduction of technology is increasing. You’ll be involved in helping to ensure that everything runs as efficiently as possible, and any introduction of new technologies follow a rigorous change programme.
- Cyber Security planning: with the guidance of our experts you will be working on the development of cyber security plans based around industry standards.
- IT business plans: you’ll have the opportunity to develop business plans to support the growth of the sector and develop the division.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for IT business and strategy, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Civil engineering
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate your interest through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience. We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this role – is it the right one for you?
A graduate role should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. You would be joining an exciting and innovative industry and would be developed by industry leaders to help you achieve your goals.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that every person’s career goals are different, therefore we tailor make everyone’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.