UK Graduate Building Services Scheme
What will you be getting up to?
Our graduate building services engineers are responsible for the functional design which takes buildings from an empty shell to a pleasant space to live and work in. Our teams are responsible for ensuring health and safety requirements are met, while creating a visually appealing and comfortable environment. As a building services engineer you will be helping to provide cost effective and sustainable solutions to ensure buildings perform in an efficient and effective manner. Our projects are not just within the UK, they are international. They also span a variety of sectors, including defence, transport, utilities, energy, public and private sector. Some of our notable projects include HS2, Royal Navy Britannia College and the Somerset Energy Innovation Centre (part of the Hinkley power station project).
We are currently still recruiting for public health and electrical building services engineers for the 2019 intake, and do not have any roles for mechanical building services.
Electrical: Some of the exciting projects you’ll be involved in include the installation of necessities such as power, lighting, fire systems and security. Roles available in our Croydon office.
Mechanical: You’ll help to create a comfortable environment by designing the mechanical components of necessities such as heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and domestic water services. Roles available in our Brighton office.
Public health: this is a varied role so you’ll really be able to get stuck in. Our teams are involved in many aspects of public health including the design systems for water supply and sanitation to help resolve water and energy related challenges. Roles available in our croydon and London offices.
Please make sure you are able to work In the locations listed above before you apply as we are only recruiting into these locations.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for building services engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines
- Electrical engineering
- Building Services engineering
You should be able to demonstrate your interest in building services through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as:
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Specialists in public health can opt to be chartered with the Society of Public Health Engineers (SoPHE).
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us. We understand that every person’s career goals are different, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.