UK Graduate Architecture Assistant - Part 2
What will you be getting up to?
Our Architectural Assistants work with our growing architectural team in our new office in St Vincent Plaza in Glasgow. We have a wide variety of project types and our main sectors are aviation, defence and transportation projects; although we do tend to work on a wide range of project types.
We work in all RIBA stages of work and provide mentoring to architectural assistants in gaining their qualification. We use BIM heavily in our projects and most of our team work with Revit.
As a Graduate Architectural Assistant, you’ll benefit from working for a large multidisciplinary organisation and be part of a dynamic team alongside professionals and supporting our experienced architects and designers. You’ll constantly be exposed to real and exciting projects.
“A friendly, motivating work environment with team members that genuinely support your professional development. The multitude of projects across a wide array of sectors offers the opportunity to experiment with different types of designs and supports a well rounded experience“ Mott MacDonald, Architectural Assistant, Part 2
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for architecture and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have just completed your part 2 studies, with completion of your degree (BArch, Diploma, March or similar) and be looking for your Stage 2 practical experience/year out.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Conceptual ability
- Keen to learn new software
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Experience in Revit is beneficial.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
- With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
- You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
- We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.