UK 2019 Graduate Ecology Scheme 2019
Our ecology teams provide specialist support to internal and external clients to help protect our natural environment. We are looking for dedicated ecologists to aid us with the planning and execution of this vital work.
You will provide ecological support to a wide range of projects, working closely with other disciplines to ensure ecological objectives are delivered successfully, within budget and to-programme. This support may include survey coordination, field work and client interaction, dependent on your strengths and ambitions.
From carrying out site surveys to assessments of ecological systems, you’ll have the chance to really get stuck in.
“I value the wide variety of projects that I have had the opportunity to be involved with, allowing me to develop my ecological skills in all my areas of interest. In just seven months I have helped to deliver ecological inputs such as protected species and habitat surveys.” Laura Kor, Ecologist
We are looking for enthusiastic, flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for ecology and a desire to make a difference in the world. To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in an ecology, biology or directly related subject degree.
While UK ecology survey experience is not required for this role, any that you do have is desirable and will be viewed positively.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Able to start immediately
- Methodical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members; and
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail.
This role will be based in our Cambridge office and will an immediate start.
We’re a global engineering, environment, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need and we’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status.
What else is involved?
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor-make everyone’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
**Please note this role will be for an immediate start - application deadline is the 24th May 2019 **