2017 UK Graduate Electrical Engineering Scheme
We’re a global management, engineering and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the well-being of our staff and the environment, communities and market places in which we operate.
Our award-winning graduate programme will give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. You will join our accredited professional development scheme, which will enable you to gain chartered status with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) or the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE). You’ll receive the training you need and will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. Our unique upGRADe tool allows you to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You will enrol onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a four- year development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with Mott MacDonald.
We understand that every person’s ambitions are unique to them therefore we have a vast library of e-learning courses available.
As well as all of that we also offer a competitive salary; biannual salary reviews for your first three years; contributory pension; flexible benefits scheme; and a variety of subsidised sports and social activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Application deadline is the 20 November 2016.
Our graduate electrical engineers work in world class teams to design and deliver sustainable solutions on a wide range of projects including building services, power, transportation, telecoms and water. As the digital revolution is applied to the provision of essential services, electrical engineering will play a central role in creating smart infrastructure, helping to deliver better and faster performance.
You can apply to work in the following sectors:
- Building services- we focused on ensuring sustainability within building projects by overseeing the installation of necessities such as power, lighting, fire systems and security.
- Railways- we work with power distribution, energy management system sand transport networks including rail electrification (traction power) and signalling.
- Power- we work on large scale power generation and transmission and distribution projects. Our teams are working with generators, transformers, protection devices, and high powered switches that work on solar, wind, or tidal sources.
- Water- our teams work on projects such as sewage electrical systems pumps, SEDM (security and emergency measures direction), MCCs (motor control centre) and the design of electrical elements.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for electrical engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:2 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Electrical engineering
- Building services engineering specialising in electrical engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Engineering science specialising in electrical
- Power systems engineering
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!