2017 UK Graduate Transport Planning Scheme
We’re a global management, engineering and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the well-being of our staff and the environment, communities and market places in which we operate.
Our award-winning graduate programme will give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. You will join our accredited professional development scheme, which will enable you to gain chartered status with such as the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT) or our customised training programme, designed in conjunction with the Institute of Rail Operators (IRO). You’ll receive the training you need and will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. Our unique upGRADe tool allows you to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You will enrol onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a four- year development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with Mott MacDonald.
We understand that every person’s ambitions are unique to them therefore we have a vast library of e-learning courses available.
As well as all of that we also offer a competitive salary; biannual salary reviews for your first three years; contributory pension; flexible benefits scheme; and a variety of subsidised sports and social activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Application deadline is the 20 November 2016.
Our graduate transport planners develop safe and efficient transport networks, which are key to creating a successful economy. We contribute to creating solutions for many global challenges such as climate change and dealing with a growing population. We are working both in the UK and internationally to help create travel plans for governments and organisation such as hospitals, schools and major companies. We use the latest technology to carry out assessments, create transport plans and models.
You can apply to work in the following areas:
- Transport planning – you will be working in a variety of transport projects from supporting the delivery of major projects, such as the Olympic Walking and Cycling Network and the design of local improvement schemes
- Transport modelling – we create models to forecast use and demand of different transport systems to help aid policy making and helping to create an efficient transport system.
- Rail planning – help to ensure that the rail network runs as efficiently as possible while the use of the network is increasing.
- Traffic engineering - our teams use civil engineering techniques to achieve the safe and efficient movement of people and goods on roadways.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for transportation, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Transport or planning related degree
- Civil engineering
When you apply you will be asked to choose which areas of transport planning you are applying for. These choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate your interest through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate good report writing.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!