2017 UK Graduate Industrial Trainee Scheme
We’re a global management, engineering and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the well-being of our staff and the environment, communities and market places in which we operate.
We are looking for highly motivated students who are passionate about learning from our industry experts. We are offering you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience at one of the world’s leading management, engineering and development consultancies to help shape exciting projects for tomorrow’s world.
We understand the importance of giving you an insight in to our exciting industry to help you understand how you apply what you’re learning into practice. We place a lot of emphasis on giving you a realistic view of our world so you can decide if it’s the industry you want to work in. We look to recruit those students who have impressed us during their placements onto our graduate scheme, so remember; this could be the start of your career with Mott MacDonald.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Application deadline is the 20 November 2016.
Our industrial placements are for a period of 6 – 12 months, you will be working within one of our sectors for the entire placement.
We offer the following industrial trainee placements:
- Environmental consultancy (Southampton)
- Civil engineering (Croydon, Cambridge, Reading, Newport, Blackburn, Leeds, Peterborough, Durham, Shifnal, Bristol, Birmingham)
- Mechanical engineering (Altrincham, Newport, Blackburn, Leeds, Peterborough, Edinburgh, Shifnal)
- Electrical engineering (Leeds, Altrincham, Blackburn, Cambridge)
- Process engineering (Edinburgh, Glasgow, Peterborough)
- Quantity surveying (London)
- Project management (London)
As all of our placements are working in different sectors, at the interview stage for a placement we will discuss what the work for that particular role will involve. In all of our placements you will be working with graduates, experienced professionals and other students, learning about Mott MacDonald, our structure and culture, and getting involved with real projects to gain relevant experience. We do not have a formal structure for our placements so the more you ask questions and ask to get involved, the more you will gain from your experience with us.
To join us for an Industrial Trainee placement you must currently be at University or looking for a pre-university placement.
We typically have placements for students studying the degree disciplines listed in the above job description. If your degree discipline does not appear here, we still encourage you to apply as our requirements can change but please be advised that we may not have a suitable placement for you this year.
We are looking for students with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate good report writing.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!