2017 Graduate ICT Engineer
We’re a global management, engineering and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. We’re committed to making a positive contribution to the well-being of our staff and the environment, communities and market places in which we operate.
Our award-winning graduate programme will give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. Our unique upGRADe tool allows you to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. Graduates will be supported towards further relevant professional qualification.
You will enrol onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a four- year development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with Mott MacDonald.
We understand that every person’s ambitions are unique to them therefore we have a vast library of e-learning courses available.
As well as all of that we also offer a competitive salary; biannual salary reviews for your first three years; contributory pension; flexible benefits scheme; and a variety of subsidised sports and social activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Application deadline is 1st December 2016.
You will be joining the Digital Infrastructure practice within Mott MacDonald which brings together people, process and technology to engineer and deliver change at any point in the project lifecycle. You will be joining a team of highly skilled consultants that come from both a technical and business background. The team work on a broad range of assignments from £billion infrastructure projects to highly focussed business engagements on the strategic use of technology and information.
As a Graduate ICT engineer you will work as part of the design team, and following the developed IT strategies and technology designed by senior project leads. The strategies we use have been established through thorough data gathering techniques and workshops.
You will be supporting the wider technical team in understanding customer requirements, developing designs, understanding specifications and ensuring client needs delivered. You will be involved at different points of the product lifecycle, duties will include:
- Supporting the production of ICT Network Architectures and Operational Performance requirements
- Assisting with the delivery of customer projects
- Supporting the delivery of customer proposals, understanding and assisting with developing the methodologies, resourcing and costing/pricing of projects.
- Continuous development of ICT discipline best-practice and methodologies to assist in the internal development of the practice.
- Support with the delivery of projects in accordance with the MML quality, management and commercial directives.
To apply for this scheme you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Network management
- Data management
- Digital communications based engineering
We are looking for graduates with the following:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for technology design, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!