Graduate software engineer
What will you be getting up to?
The key to a successful economy is the development of safe and efficient transport networks. Intelligent transport systems play an important in improving our transport systems, through enhancing the mobility of people, improving safety and reducing environment impact.
In this role, you will be working within Transport Technology specialising in software engineering, within the systems delivery team dedicated to producing high quality software for public and private sector clients. Our projects are incredibly varied, and when working for us you could be working on solutions relating to transport network management, crisis management, data analysis software, creating public facing websites and mobile applications.
You will work on the full lifecycle of a project from requirements capture, design and delivery of high quality software through to final deployment and client handover. Your daily activities will include design, software development, software testing, database development, and live system support.
“In my first year, I've had the privilege of being the lead developer on a number of projects. During my time at Mott MacDonald I have worked on; large distributed systems, legacy systems and systems with new technologies. The software work can range from fixing bugs to upgrading existing systems to create new functionality for that system.” Tim Austen, Graduate software engineer
We will support you with required training and mentoring by a professional software engineer who will guide you to meet the objectives of a professional training agreement, such as the BCS Chartered IT Professional (CITP) standard.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for software engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in applying for this role through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
** Application deadline is the Friday 23 March 2018 **
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate role should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need.
What else is involved?
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!