Graduate GIS consultant
What will you be getting up to?
Our economic and social development team work for a wide range of clients across many sectors including transport, economics, environment, social, health and urban development. This role is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and proactive community of experts. The team work on a diverse range of projects. From local transport planning to national scale infrastructure programs, there is always something new and exciting to learn.
Here’s a snippet of what you’ll be getting involved in:
- Undertaking analysis to process raw data into maps, tables and graphs to inform data deliverables and reports
- Undertaking GIS development tasks
- Delivering GIS analysis within transport projects, report/bid writing
- Assisting with project management and client engagement
- Providing assistance and methodological advice to transport planners, economists and engineers in both their analysis and presentation of outputs
- Supporting bid managers in drafting and collating bid documentation
- Learning the quality, environment and safety requirements of projects while further developing project management skills.
We’re looking for a graduate to join our Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham or London office.
“As a GIS consultant, I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of an encouraging and supportive team of experts in a variety of disciplines, including health, social, and economics. In my four months at Mott MacDonald, I have already worked on over 15 different projects and have also had multiple opportunities to learn new skills and expand my knowledge base.
Charlotte Reynolds, graduate consultant
We’re looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for economic and social development, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career with us.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Geographical Information Science/Systems
You should be able to demonstrate your interest in GIS and have experience using GIS as well as data analysis skills within MS Excel such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
If you have the following characteristics, then this could be just the scheme for you:
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
** Application deadline is Friday 23 March 2018 **
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
From the moment you join us, you’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make everyone’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we’ll ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!