2018 UK Graduate business development consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join our business, initially being placed in the business development team in our Altrincham office. This is a rotational scheme and after successfully completing 12/24 months, you will be given the opportunity to transfer into one of our consulting teams.
We will provide you with the opportunity to work on some the most exciting projects across the globe. Our graduate scheme will support your development through a tailored programme allowing you to progress within one of the world’s leading consultancies. We will provide you with the required training to meet the objectives of a professional training scheme.
- Support development of relationships with new and existing clients
- Complete research and analysis of markets, clients and competitors for a range of relevant sectors
- Support and coordinate monthly reports
- Attend and contribute to workshops
- Assist with co-ordination of Client feedback interviews
- Help develop CVs, case studies and project lists
- Obtain information for award entries
- Prepare agreed content with the portfolios for publication on the company intranet
- Support the wider business development team in carrying out their duties
To apply for this scheme you will have graduated from 2017 onwards and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Business related subject
- Economics related subject
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate report writing
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for business and consulting work, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey towards gaining chartered status with the Institute of Consulting (IC).
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!