2019 UK Graduate project management scheme
Job description – what will you be getting up to?
Join us and you’ll be right in the thick of things. You’ll be part of a team that controls every aspect of the project life-cycle – from concept and definition to implementation and handover. Our project managers provide consultancy services to our clients throughout the development and construction process.
As a graduate project manager you will play a pivotal role. You’ll be ensuring that our clients’ projects are delivered on time, within budget and at the highest quality. Our approach to project management is based on the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Body of Knowledge and includes additional components set out by the Association of Project Management and Office of Government Commerce. However, you will get to experience a range of project management methods, as we adapt our approach according to specific client needs and processes.
This is an extensive role with a lot going on. Our projects come in different sizes and complexities, so you’ll have the opportunity to gain a large amount of experience. It doesn’t stop there. Our work spans a variety of sectors including environment and water, nuclear, oil and gas, property, and transportation. The exposure you’ll receive from our multi-disciplinary projects will stand you in good stead for a flourishing career.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for project management, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in Project Management, or Construction Management.
You should be able to demonstrate your interest in project management through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate report writing.
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet’s most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we’re committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career. From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey towards gaining chartered status with the Association of Project Managers (APM).
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that every person’s career goals are different, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.