2019 UK Graduate Water Resources Scheme
What will you be getting up to?
Graduate Hydrologist (Cambridge Edinburgh and Leeds):
You will help our experts, help our client manage, model and regulate their water resources. We deliver key services to a variety of clients such as water companies, environmental regulators, and government bodies.
Typical duties and responsibilities will include:
· Data collection, review, and analysis
· Hydrological modelling
· Ground and surface water quantity and quality analysis
· Hydrogeological analysis
· Undertaking appropriate training and working towards professional qualification
Graduate Hydraulic Modeller (Leeds):
You will work on a range of river and coastal hydraulic modelling and hydrology projects. You will be given full training in industry standard hydraulic modelling and hydrology approaches to.
Typical duties will include:
· Survey management,
· Model building and verification
· Solution development using a variety of model packages.
· Detailed 1D-2D hydraulic modelling using a variety of modelling packages, including TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, Flood Modeller Pro.
· Flood Risk/ Consequence Assessments.
· Fluvial and Coastal risk management projects.
· Hydrological studies.
· Design of SuDS and conventional drainage systems.
Graduate mathematical modeller (Cambridge):
Our water asset management and investment planning team provide strategic water sector services to utilities, regulators, multilateral and commercial lenders, government organisations and research bodies. These services include asset management planning, utility performance improvement, regulatory advisory services, investment appraisal, water resource strategies and project finance advisory services. There is a strong demand for our services, particularly with asset management playing a key role in helping water companies meet their targets and achieve their goals across their infrastructure and operations.
You are likely to undertake the following type of work:
· Prepare interactive data visualisations
· Analyse large quantities of data from water companies, analysing asset, performance and cost information to assess investment needs
· Support and advise water companies to operate their assets in a better way
· Provide input across a diverse range of water and waste water projects, including developing decision support tools
· Prepare technical reports and live data sets
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for Water, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you must have a strong interest and commitment to developing your career within water resources, and you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2.1 degree, as well as a postgraduate qualification in:
• Water resources, or related degree
• Maths, statistics or related
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- It would be advantageous if you have previous experience of using water modelling software packages such as ISIS, MIKE, TUFLOW or Infoworks
** Application deadline is the 18 November 2018 **
Our Water Assessment and Management teams are at the forefront of major water management techniques such as hydraulic, groundwater and water quality modelling, sustainable flow evaluation, flood risk assessment and ecological risk assessment. We currently have three different exciting opportunities to join this cutting-edge team.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.