2019 UK Graduate Developer
What will you be getting up to?
Everywhere we look, technology and data are transforming the world in which we live, and the rate of change is accelerating. That's why we're harnessing our digital expertise to help our asset owner clients make the right investments in their people, processes and technology.
To start, we're focusing on smart infrastructure and growing a business that will work with clients to realise the true value of information. Therefore, we're looking for someone to help us on our journey to being leaders of strategic consultancy services in smart infrastructure and digital information management (IM).
If you're looking for a chance to flourish within a start-up/entrepreneurial culture, then this role would suit you. We should point out that although the role is based in London, you must be willing to travel as there will be service opportunities around the UK.
Within Smart Infrastructure (www.smartinfrastructure.com) we will offer you the chance to progress with both the application of your digital and engineering skills. However, this may mean that the route to ICE Chartership (if that is your desired outcome) would take a slightly different route to a typical Graduate Civil Engineer. However, the role would be part of our graduate programme and we would support you in looking for opportunities around the wider business for you to complete your training, if this was necessary.
In this role you'll support the Asset Performance Optimisation and Smart Cities teams, within Smart Infrastructure (SMI), in delivering engineering software solutions for our Clients. Specifically, you will help shape solutions to client needs, preparing engineering algorithms and sense making analytics with our cloud environment.
The team is focused on helping our clients in realising the true value of information, how it can improve their efficiency and provide for better outcomes for projects and management of existing assets.
Delivering great work day to day you will work within the moata delivery team, supporting the development of our technology stack and analytical tools. You will also be involved in the application of data science used for capturing, storing and processing all kinds of data. You'll implement standards, methodologies and procedures for the collection, production, coordination, sharing and maintenance of data and information relating to client assets.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved or expected to achieve a 2:1 in your masters degree.
It's important that we find someone who has both engineering and digital skills to an advanced level. This new business has been challenged to start small, think big and scale fast, which will require a high degree of agility from the whole team. You'll need strong analytical skills and to be comfortable working with disruptive technologies which at times challenge current practice.
If this sounds like you, we'd also like to you have:
- Good technical knowledge of a range of software platforms, databases and digital tools
- Strong engineering based academic base
- Be open minded, assertive, cooperative, strong sense of team, vision driven.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
- With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
- You’ll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us.
- We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn’t just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.