NASUWT - Membership
Why join the NASUWT?
Our philosophy of putting teachers first means that we will campaign on your behalf and support and represent you to ensure that you are recognised and rewarded as a highly skilled professional and have working conditions which enable you to focus on your core role of teaching, leading teaching and learning.
In addition, as a member you will have access to professional advice and guidance, a wide range of opportunities for professional development and training and many other benefits.
Free membership offer
Any teachers joining the NASUWT for the first time will receive 12 months of free membership from the point they join the Union.
This is reliant on the joining member providing direct debit details for payment of future subscriptions at the point of joining and agreeing to pay future direct debit payments on a monthly basis.
Student and newly qualified teachers have separate free membership offers.
Invite A Friend
This scheme rewards NASUWT members who recruit friends and colleagues to join them in the Union. The rewards take the form of Love 2 Shop vouchers with incremental rises in the value of the voucher for every member recruited.
Invite your friends and colleagues to join and if they become members between 1 January 2016 and 16 December 2016, you will receive rewards in the form of Love2shop vouchers, which can be spent at over 85 leading retailers throughout the UK.
More details of the Invite-A-Friend scheme
NASUWT offers members a range of discounts and deals described below. You can see more of these via the NASUWT Benefits website.
- Your Car - Current car and motoring related offers include airport parking, car hire, car MOT and servicing and AA driving lessons.
- Free Insurance Cover -Includes cover for fire, theft and malicious damage. Members also receive personal accident insurance free of charge wherever they are in the world.
- Your Travel -Deals and discounts on holidays and hotels, including airport parking, cruises and cottages.
- Your Lifestyle -Offers included within the ‘Your Lifestyle’ section of the NASUWT Benefits and Services website include activity day offers; book and magazine offers and much more.
- Your Health -NASUWT offers benefits and discounts on products and services related to your wellbeing.
- Your Money -NASUWT works with a number of partner organisations to offer key financial services to members such as mortgages, will writing and debt advice.
- NASUWT Approved -NASUWT works for members at all stages of their career and in all aspects of their life. That's why the Union offers a range of services specially chosen with teachers in mind.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!