Engineering Leadership Programme
For 40 years, National Instruments (NI) has worked with engineers and scientists to measure and control the world around us. Through these pursuits, NI customers have brought hundreds of thousands of products to market, overcome innumerable technological roadblocks, and engineered a better life for us all. If you can turn it on, connect it, drive it, or launch it, chances are NI technology helped make it happen.
Our platform based approach; unified software and modular hardware, greatly reduces the complexity of today’s smart, connected systems and helps engineers do more, innovate faster and easily integrate new technologies as they become available. Our customer base of over 35,000 global companies is testament to the fact that NI helps scientists and engineers solve their greatest challenges.
We are looking for Graduate Engineers and Physicists to join our Engineering Leadership Programme (ELP). As part of our two-year programme you’ll be a member of the applications engineering department that is responsible for supporting our Northern European Region customers, whose backgrounds cover all kinds of engineering and scientific disciplines, in their use of National Instruments (NI) products. Our ELP is also responsible for delivering customer education classes and presenting at seminars on the core NI product portfolio, both at the office and also at customer locations. As an ELP you will also join the Inside Sales department where you will work with customers by consulting with them on their engineering challenges and identifying what NI solutions would be best to help
The ideal candidates will be passionate about technology and utilizing their technical knowledge to support and guide customers in the use of NI platforms; both hardware and software. They will also have excellent communication and problem solving skills and be able to work in collaboration with customers to help solve their challenges, helping them to be more efficient and accelerate productivity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the ELP you will be responsible for your own development. This will develop through communicating and asking for help when needed proactively, and by building a professional network with colleagues to drive improvement, growth and business needs. You will be asked to gain a deep understanding of business processes, the market and the NI culture as well as future career options.
Applications Engineering Department
- Supporting NI customers in finding a solution for requests about core products. Utilizing testing, debugging and implementations in software and establishing successful communication with customers to resolve these requests.
- Delivering customer education for core products with clear explanations of technical content and answering questions. Ensuring adaptability of the content and explanations to match the skill level of the customers.
Inside Sales Engineering Department
- Providing professional consulting for customer applications regarding NI products.
- Qualifying inbound calls and leads and developing further actions.
- Collaborating with Field Sales, specialist and vertical experts to ensure Sales success.
- Involving colleagues to handle difficult situations whenever necessary.
- Representing NI on trade shows and other events, communicating with customers and providing high quality consulting.
Other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities maybe assigned dependent on sub-regional requirements or as business needs change.
The Ideal candidate will exhibit the following:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2.2 bachelor’s degree in engineering or science related field, such as electronic engineering, physics or mechatronics or similar
- Technical aptitude and a thorough understanding of electronics and high-level programming languages
- Strong customer focus and problem solving to analyse the problem and think creatively to provide a solution.
- Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities and choose appropriate actions
- Legal right to live and work within the EU
- Must hold a full valid, EU driving licence
- Fluent business English
- Experience in instrumentation and control, industrial automation
- Second language in one of the languages we support our customers in (French, Swedish, Dutch, Danish, Norwegian and Finnish)
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are key
- A proactive/ can do attitude is vital
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Must enjoy working with people and contribute to the team success as well as working tenaciously in order to meet or exceed personal goals
- Willing to put self in unfamiliar situations in order to learn and identify new areas of learning
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!