Business Transformation Graduate Programme 2017
Are you excited by change? Do you want to make a difference? Are you looking to kick start your career?
If you’ve said yes, then this may be the Development Programme for you!
Our Transformation function delivers all major changes within the Society to improve our service for our members and our staff. Some of Transformation’s major achievements have included the launch of ApplePay, Contactless Cards and the Mobile Banking App. There are over 1000 people working on the delivery of in excess of 150 projects at any one time. The working environment and roles are varied, challenging, energetic and rewarding, with real opportunities to deliver, lead and progress.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for talented graduates and non-graduates who have the vision and determination to join our two-year Transformation Development Programme and deliver projects within our Project Management, Project Management Office and Business Analysis teams. We’re interested in hearing from individuals who are self-motivated and take great pride in their work. You’ll be someone who can prioritise their workload, solve problems, and enjoy working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
We don’t mind what degree you’ve studied or if you don’t have a degree, we think your enthusiasm and personality is equally as important. As long as you have the passion for learning, growth and development, you’ll make a great impact on our business and our members, who are at the heart of what we do.
It would be great if you had:
- Looking for a challenge and driven to learn and improve
- Positive, tenacious and solution focused
- Confident in building and maintaining strong working relationships at variety of levels
- Committed to providing an excellent service to our customers & employees
- High performing, delivery focused and able to manage ambiguity
We’ll also consider it a bonus if:
- You have any project management, project management office or business analysis experience
- You’ve previous experience leading groups or teams
- Playing an active role within the team, organising projects, people, and resources; writing reports and summaries, analysing data, and assisting in key stages within the entirety of a project life-cycle
- Delivering large and small scale changes, and communicating progress to your team and senior managers
- Developing knowledge, skills and insight into the successful delivery of change across a range of disciplines
- Refining core competencies such as leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships
As a minimum requirement:
- If you are a graduate you’ll need 280 UCAS points, excluding General Studies and be on track to gain a 2.1 degree in any subject or have a minimum 2.1 degree already
- If you are a non-graduate, you’ll need relevant work experience and a proven passion for project delivery
To help you meet your potential we will:
- Get you involved with business-critical projects from day one and experience first-hand a range of projects varying in strategic theme, size, scale and complexity through a series of rotations
- Encourage your personal and professional development, giving you increased responsibility and accountability, providing stretch and support to help you achieve more challenging and demanding goals
- Increase your business acumen, including commercial and strategic awareness
- Providing training to further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing
- Give you exposure to senior business leaders through mentoring relationships and their sponsorship of the programme
- Allow you to put the theory into practice, applying everything you learn to real-world business issues
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. We’re passionate about our people so support you with career development, training and a supportive environment focused on your well-being. This is on top of your total reward, which includes your pay, flexible benefits, an employee pension, and recognition schemes.
Why work for us
We’re the world’s largest building society, with our members and communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
And don’t just take our word for it – we are very proud of being placed third on The Sunday Times' list of the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for 2016.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!