Finance Graduate Scheme
Who you are
You have an analytical mind and a flair for financial planning. You’re enthusiastic about your work, enjoy collaborating with others and have the skills and ability to communicate to a variety of different audiences.
How long is the scheme?
From two to two and a half years
Where you’ll be based
- Milton Keynes primarily (for college)
- Three-month placement in Manchester
- One year based in one of our regional offices
What you’ll be doing
Rotational placements, with college day release each week
- 2:2 in any degree subject
- A-level Maths is desirable but not essential
What professional qualifications could you gain?
- Associate Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) from the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
What opportunities are available at the end of the scheme?
The Finance scheme is a very successful one with a lot of graduates now holding senior positions within the function. This is because we recognise, develop and promote talent. Previous graduates have gone on to become members of the finance talent development scheme and to further their own professional development, with Network Rail as a certified body.
Why you should choose this scheme
The scheme gives graduates a unique opportunity to see many parts of the business, whilst making a contribution from early on. The study support is generous compared to other finance schemes, with the time and space given to make sure graduates can get through the qualification with minimal pressure. Former graduates run the scheme and are encouraged to contribute to improving and developing it.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!