Buying - Placement Year
Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us on a 40 week rotational placement on our Buying team. Within this placement you will be undertake the role of a Buyers Admin Assistant. Our Buyers are they key decision makers on what looks good and what our customers want. If you are someone who loves keeping up with fashion and can’t keep their eyes off the catwalks than this is the role for you! We look for highly commercial and creative individuals who keep an up to date knowledge of current and future trends. Our Buyers need to be able to work well under pressure, be confident enough to build great relationships and have a passion for our product If you have a passion for fashion and spotting the latest trends. This could be your ideal role.
As a Buying Placement YOU WILL GIVE:
- Completing order attributes accurately
- Raising orders accurately and amending purchase orders
- Dealing with issues arising with orders both internally and externally
- Co-ordinating barcode process with suppliers & “METO"
- Inputting orders onto critical path
- Action any order amendments under direction from the B&M team
- Support commitment through weekly team updates
- Issuing commitment enquiries to suppliers
- Managing critical path with suppliers and buyers
- Processing samples received (fits, development, shoots/meetings)
- Labelling, logging, organising and filing samples including press and bought
- Preparing samples for best sellers using the “Top profit earners report”
- Collating and preparing meeting samples
- Maintaining department range and samples
- Maintaining fit spread sheet
- Driving the press sample process to ensure that the department offer is fully potentialised
- On-going familiarity of the competition’s product range
- Basic understanding of “Monday Figure Pack”
- Completing and reporting back on NL store visits and competitor shops
- Receiving and Sending post
- Dealing with telephone queries and faxing
- Proactively dealing with department queries both internally and externally
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Commercial understanding of the high street market and an interest in this product area
- Any previous work experience completed in a buying department is desirable
- PC literate - Excel, Word, Access
- Confident communicator
- Team Player
- Time management
- Fashion aware
- Presentation skills You will be studying a related degree on track to achieve a (2:1) or above.
- You will need to be available to start on 24th July 2018.
As well as the opportunity to gain industry experience in a fast paced fashion retailer, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!