Merchandising - Placement Year
Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too! We are entering a bold and brave new phase and we’re striving to be a fashion brand with attitude. Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion. At New Look, the only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us on a 40 week rotational placement on our Merchandising team. Within this placement you will be undertake the role of a Merchandising Admin Assistant, and work closely with a number of our teams behind the scenes in our London Support Centre.
As a Merchandising Placement YOU WILL GIVE:
As a Merchandise Admin Assistant, you will provide effective administration support for the Merchandising team and assist with the planning and development of the department. You will also take responsibility for the delivery schedule, maintenance of department coding and support the Merchandiser through reporting, making suggestions to potentialise sales and manage risk where appropriate.
- Intake Management: Day to day management of intake and relationship with supplier to ensure goods are delivered on time, QC issues are dealt with in a timely manner, slippage is communicated to all interested parties and compliance charges are followed through.
- PO maintenance:
- Sizing: is able to use Ratio Pro and complete ratio on orders under guidance of Assistant Merchandiser, ensuring correct ratio is purchased to optimise sales, also able to make suggestions to Merchandiser
- Reporting: responsible for producing daily sales and feedback to team, reviewing sales figures and advising Merchandiser of appropriate actions, including repeat buying/increasing commitment, extending product further down the chain, increasing replenishment to best performing stores, also able to produce ad hoc reports to support Merchandiser and Assistant Merchandiser
- Distribution: Has responsibility for relationship with Optimiser, ensuring they are updated with delivery changes and manages distribution plan alongside Optimiser to potentialise sales and manage risk, reporting back to Merchandiser and Assistant Merchandiser.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- The ability to accurately analyse numerical data
- Understanding of the role of a Merchandising Admin Assistant, and a passion for wanting to pursue a future career in this field.
- Excellent problem solving skills – the ability to ask the correct questions and recommend solutions
- Work well within a team
- Retail experience
- You will be studying an analytical degree on track to achieve a (2:1) or above.
- You will need to be available to start on 24th July 2018.
As well as the opportunity to gain industry experience in a fast paced fashion retailer, there is everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!