Trainee Buyer (Fashion)
A 12-18 month scheme designed to support the Buying team on a day to day basis while acquiring the required skills to develop as a future Buyer.
About the team
Working alongside your Merchandising, Design and Technology colleagues, you will support the Buying team on a day to day basis while acquiring the required skills to develop as a future Buyer.
About the role:
- Prepare garments/accessories for selection meetings, mock shop and Directory pagination.
- Develop an understanding of the product development process. From sourcing fabrics to approving trims, colour and fits.
- Liaise with suppliers from Europe to the Far East to progress samples for selection meetings and production.
- Develop an awareness of key trends and best sellers by gaining inspiration from a variety of sources.
- Maintain accurate buying systems along the way.
- Highly organised, you’ll be able to proactively manage a wide range of responsibilities throughout the development process.
- An exceptional communicator with an understanding of margin and costs.
- A team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
- You live and breathe fashion and are able to present your ideas in a clear and compelling way.
Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant Degree, HND qualification and/or experience.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!