Trainee Buyer (Fashion)
About the team
Working alongside your Merchandising, Design and Technology colleagues, you will support the Buying team on a day to day basis while acquiring the required skills to develop as a future Buyer.
About the role:
- Prepare garments/accessories for selection meetings, mock shop and Directory pagination.
- Develop an understanding of the product development process. From sourcing fabrics to approving trims, colour and fits.
- Liaise with suppliers from Europe to the Far East to progress samples for selection meetings and production.
- Develop an awareness of key trends and best sellers by gaining inspiration from a variety of sources.
- Maintain accurate buying systems along the way.
- Work Monday - Friday (36 hours p/w)
- Highly organised, you’ll be able to proactively manage a wide range of responsibilities throughout the development process.
- An exceptional communicator with an understanding of margin and costs.
- A team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
- You live and breathe fashion and are able to present your ideas in a clear and compelling way.
Skills and Qualifications you have Relevant Degree, HND qualification and/or experience.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!