We don’t build cars, we enable cars to be built. Combining technical know-how with hands-on expertise, our engineers define the processes and facilities needed to achieve production objectives. We procure and install them to achieve maximum output and continue to support all areas of the manufacturing operation, ensuring the seamless production of some 500,000 cars every year. It’s a key function offering a full spectrum of career opportunities covering mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering.
Starting: July/August 2017.
We are Nissan Motor Manufacturing ltd (NMUK) and we are one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
NMUK Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce c. 500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- A willingness to learn with a passion for Engineering
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Creative and forward thinking
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Must be studying an engineering related degree
- Able to partake in a placement as part of your degree
- Knowledge of a foreign language may be an advantage
- A good working knowledge of MS Office applications and CAD systems
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!