Information Systems and Technology Placement
In our Information Systems and Technology department, no two days are ever the same. With new challenges and opportunities coming thick and fast from a wide range of business areas, you will be working on a variety of interesting projects. Nissan is a global company, so working for us will allow you to explore various professional avenues whilst interacting with different cultures. Diversity is key in Nissan, as most departments work cross functionally with Renault and Daimler.
Starting: July/August 2017.
We are Nissan Motor Manufacturing ltd (NMUK) and we are one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
NMUK Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce c. 500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn project management, technical development and/or business/systems analysis
- Pragmatic problem solving approach with the ability to make decisions and take measured risks
- Ability to work in a diverse multicultural team environment with strong cross functional communication skills
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Working towards a degree in a computing, technology or business related discipline
- Are able to partake in a 12 month placement as part of their course
- Solid experience in commonplace business packages such as Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to travel – this may be required depending upon demands
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!