Why choose this course?
- Successful completion of all elements of the LLM BPTC will result in a Masters award – an internationally recognised qualification. We're the only provider to offer this opportunity.
- Engage with real cases and gain the qualifications, practical knowledge and insight essential to employers.
- We provide a dedicated careers and recruitment service.
- We offer an award-winning pro bono programme, including a Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- Our pupillage rate is consistently above the national average.
- We offer a range of options for varying types of practice.
- You will undertake assessments with a practical focus.
- Students are taught in small groups in high-quality teaching accommodation.
- You will receive individual feedback in all assessable skills.
- Scholarships worth up to half the fee are available.
- 100% of postgraduate leavers of this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (DLHE survey, postgraduate leavers 2014-15).
Nottingham Law School has a proven track record in practical skills training and is one of only eight educational establishments validated by the Bar Standards Board to deliver the BPTC. We're the only provider to offer a one-year LLM BPTC, which means you have the option to also gain a Masters qualification as part of your course.
The BPTC aims to equip you with the skills and procedural knowledge necessary to follow your chosen career. Our BPTC was written by eight barristers who came to the Law School from practice. The course was designed in conjunction with judges, practising barristers and senior academics. Practitioners and judges assist with the delivery of the course as guest speakers and in practitioner workshops.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!