Legal Practice Course
Successful completion of all the elements of our LPC will result in the award of a master's degree: the LLM Legal Practice Course. As well as providing you with an internationally recognised qualification, you will leave us with enhanced insight into the legal profession and better equipped to succeed. This course is also available on a part-time basis.
Students who do not wish to study for the full master's award can still study for the award of a postgraduate diploma and receive their LPC award. However, all students will benefit from the enhancements made to the LPC.
We are confident that our LLM Legal Practice Course (LLM LPC) will provide you with the best training currently available. We have an excellent reputation within the legal profession and our LPC has continuously received the highest possible grading from the Solicitors Regulation Authority in every area of the course.
Why study the LLM LPC at Nottingham Law School?
- Successful completion of all elements of the LPC will result in the award of a master's degree - an internationally recognised qualification.
- All our staff are experienced lawyers – many still practise - and you will benefit from their practical knowledge. Also you will benefit from our visiting lecturers.
- We teach in small groups to encourage student participation.
- Every student has a personal tutor. We know our students and support and encourage you in both your studies and in your employment applications at the start of your legal career.
- We have introduced a new elective – Advanced Advocacy – which will provide essential experience for anyone considering Higher Rights of Audience training.
- We offer an award-winning pro bono programme, including a Legal Advice Centre for the local community.
- Our dedicated and experienced careers consultants provide guidance and support to help you secure a training contract or other legal employment. Applicants are invited to a careers event in June, before the LPC course starts, so that you can benefit from working with our successful careers team.
- The number of graduates obtaining a training contract or paralegal work is consistently high.
- The Professional Legal Practice module provides practical experience and commercial insight, which will ensure you hit the ground running at the start of your career.
- Studying with Nottingham Law School means that you have all the facilities a large Law School can offer plus the advantages of studying within a university environment which offers outstanding library, IT, support, sports, language and student union services.
- Scholarships worth up to half the fee are available.
- 100% of postgraduate leavers of this course are employed or engaged in further study six months after leaving (DLHE survey, postgraduate leavers 2014-15).
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!