Information Systems Placement Student
A 12-month student placement is available within Application Services, Group IS, at our UK Head Office in Lathom, near Ormskirk, commencing in Summer 2018. The main purpose of the role will be to work with system requestors from the NSG Group core businesses to design and implement standardised and specialist applications in line with the requestors’ functional requirements.
Key Technical Skills:
- Microsoft core Operating Systems (Windows 7,10 and Server 2008, 2012)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2016, Office 365, IIS 7.0 and MS SQL 2008 -16
- Ensure Health, Safety and Quality is at the core of everything done in the workplace
- Work with business requestors to understand functional requirements for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Specialist Application solutions
- Design, build, document and test Systems using Web, Technologies, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2016, Office 365 and other standard systems
- Support the NSG Business in the use of systems delivered by Application Services
- Identify opportunities to standardise solutions onto core platforms
Applicants are not expected to have all technical skills listed but will be expected to learn these skills in a short period of time and should therefore be able to demonstrate equivalent technical and learning abilities.
Applicants must possess a strong understanding of business concepts, a results-oriented and analytical approach and the ability to quickly learn and exploit technology. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. The successful candidate will be a good team worker and able to take responsibility for achieving personal tasks.
A full UK driving licence and car ownership would be an advantage due to limited public transport to the site.
If you believe you have the skills and abilities, we very much want to hear from you!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!