Chemical Engineering Graduate (Office for Nuclear Regulation)
Established by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), nucleargraduates is a ground-breaking graduate programme created to develop a new generation of talented graduates for the UK nuclear industry. Sponsored by a by a formidable partnership of companies including Rolls-Royce, the Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) and Sellafield Ltd amongst others.
The two-year programme consists of three secondments chosen by you. You can expect to find yourself working with Government, on-site, with the private sector supply chain and regulatory authorities. There is also the possibility of undertaking an international secondment, to date our graduates have completed secondments with over 100 different organisations and bodies across the nuclear industry, both at home and abroad. A dedicated mentor, assigned to you upon starting the programme, will help you plan a two-year programme tailored to you and your development goals.
The Office of Nuclear Regulation is looking to sponsor a chemical engineering graduate through the nucleargraduates programme. Upon completion of the two year programme you will start your employment with the Office for Nuclear Regulation to continue your career and professional development in order to become a Nuclear Safety Inspector.
Your programme will be broken down into technical and behavioural training, structured against the needs of the Institution of Chemical Engineering (IChemE) with whom you will be working with to gain chartered engineer status. You will come together with your fellow graduates to complete 'core' training such as Project Management and Commercial Awareness, as well as having the benefit of an individual training budget for training, resources and conferences specific to your personal development.
As a nucleargraduate you will have a programme bespoke to you, no two nucleargraduates’ journeys are the same. This is a unique opportunity to experience the different aspects of our complex, ever-changing industry before starting employment with the Office for Nuclear Regulation to continue your career and professional development.
What we are looking for
- nucleargraduates are looking for individuals keen to learn and able to influence others through their attitude and actions. Mobility, adaptability and tenacity are crucial for this role. Most importantly, we are looking for graduates who can achieve real results whilst showing humility as an individual and in a team environment. Applicants must be driven, able to manage their own time and take full advantage of the opportunities presented to them by the scheme.
- Candidates will be subject to the Office of Civil Nuclear Security (OCNS) clearance checks.
- Candidates must have an attained or expected result of 2:2 or above in chemical engineering. A masters level qualification would be desirable.
Accepted degree subjects
- Chemical engineering
How to apply
- Upon receipt of the initial application form, all applicants will be invited to complete our online situational strengths assessment. Successful candidates will then be invited to complete a video interview, then a two-day assessment centre that will assess candidates across a range of competencies.
- After the assessment centre, successful candidates will be made a formal offer of a place on the nucleargraduates programme.
Click Apply to start your application now