Graduate Programme - Retail
We are looking for 70 graduates across 10 schemes to join our fast paced, dynamic and innovative company. Ocado has been growing rapidly and through this we are giving real responsibility and autonomy to our graduates. Graduates will not just fill spaces, but we will give you genuine development opportunities to become future leaders and rise quickly through the company to help shape the future of Ocado.
What we want from our Retail candidates
Do you have a passion for understanding what motivates customers? Can you manage clients expectations and deliver on a large stage to accomplish goals set? Can you network and establish relationships to connect teams to create, modify and finish projects?
The Retail Scheme
This 2 year scheme is designed to develop your knowledge of Ocado while training you to become an expert in e-commerce. It encompasses a series of placements across a variety of retail areas including: trading, merchandising, marketing, supply chain and own brand product development.
Potential Placements include:
Responsibilities vary greatly from the analytical to the creative but revolve around making profitable, innovative, customer-friendly decisions on the Ocado proposition: the products we sell, the service we deliver, the communications we address and the technology platforms we make available to customers. The placements include Insight, Marketing, Supply Chain, Buying, Merchandising, Own Brand and Strategy.
1) Retail placements would typically include:
· Managing the commercial relationships with suppliers to buy products into our warehouses
· Deciding which product ranges to sell and how to drive sales via promotion and merchandising activity
· Helping to devise marketing initiatives to drive customer acquisition or loyalty in digital, print and other media channels
2) Analytical placements would typically involve projects such as:
· Optimising supplier schedules to find opportunities to improve product availability
· Examining the effectiveness of advertising media we use to sell our service
· Analysing the onsite behaviour of our customers to understand how to improve their shopping experience
Using insight to determine the products we should sell, including our 'Own-Brand' ranges