Getting excited about pricing and trading financial products in a dynamic, fast changing environment? As a Trader at Optiver you will not only trade, but you will also develop an excellent understanding of risks, position management and market trends. If you can complement this with an academic degree, a passion for financial markets and excellent numerical skills, you might be the Trader we are looking for.
What you'll do
At Optiver we don’t hire trading clerks; we hire traders.
As our new Trader you will be working in a highly competitive and fast changing environment. You need to be able to continuously price and trade financial products while managing a complex portfolio of financial instruments. This means you will also develop a strong understanding of risk- and position management. We value traders who take initiative in improving pricing models and show innovation with new trading strategies in order to seize any opportunity that should arise in the market. Finally, you need to be dedicated to constantly improve your market knowledge and develop your personal skills.
So in short, as Trader you will:
- price and trade financial products;
- maintain a complex portfolio of financial instruments;
- manage positions in derivatives and equities;
- continuously analyse the risk of your position;
- take initiative to improve trading methods and models;
- be keen to enhance your market knowledge and personal skills.
After a two-month intensive training program involving classroom work, trading desk simulation exercises and live market trading -with real money- you will start trading at your own desk. We believe hands-on experience is the best way to learn and that is exactly what we provide.
What you’ll need
- an academic degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Finance or equivalent;
- excellent numerical and analytical skills;
- a strong affinity for financial markets and a flair for numbers;
- a pro-active, accurate mind and a problem solving nature;
- fast decision making skills under pressure;
- competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve yourself;
- the ability to cope with rapidly increasing responsibilities;
- computer programming skills are not required but definitely a plus.
What you’ll get
Optiver is above all a state of mind. We are looking for you when you believe in daily improvement, when you like to be seriously rewarded for your performance and when you easily adapt to change and enjoy some humour and fun.
To be concrete, we offer you an excellent remuneration. But we also offer you great secondary benefits such as fully paid first-class commuting expenses, attractive profit sharing structure, relocation packages, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages.
We are 400 highly educated professionals from over 40 different countries that work at Optiver in Amsterdam. We aim to be unrivalled in our industry, by being talented, creative and result driven. And it doesn’t matter how we dress or what we believe in, as long as we exceed our and each others expectations.
If you are ready to apply, and we hope you are, apply directly via the button below for the position of Trader. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think the ‘magic’ is there, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com.
N.B. Once you have applied for the Trader position and been selected, you will be required to take 3 numerical tests to measure your mathematical and analytical skills.
*We will have a summer internship program for eight weeks starting in July 2017 for penultimate year students.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!