Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe (UK) LLP
Orrick is a leading international law firm with more than 1,100 lawyers in 25 offices located throughout North America, Europe and Asia. Orrick has earned a global reputation advising both established and emerging companies, banks and international financial institutions. Much of Orrick's client work involves cross-border transactions which have increased substantially in recent years with the development of the firm's network of global offices.
Orrick today is named one of the 'Global 20'leading firms by Law360, as well as one of the 50 best law firms for women by Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers in 2015.
Who should apply?
If you set your standards high, have a strong work ethic and are a bright, talented graduate of any discipline looking for a firm offering a broad-based training contract, then Orrick could be for you. Applicants should have at least three A-level passes at grades A and B and a 2.1 degree. In 2015, 100% of the trainees who qualified with us in March stayed on with us as Associates. All applications open on 20 October 2016 and can be made via our website at the 'visit our careers site' button below.
Orrick is a firm for those looking for a high level of responsibility from day one.
- We value team players and reward collaboration over competition.
- We aim to give individuals the opportunity to flourish in a lively and supportive work environment and encourage interaction among lawyers across international offices at every level of experience within the firm.
- We support learning through a steadfast focus on training and a mentoring programme that will provide you with the right foundation for building your legal career and for working with clients.
- A genuine open door policy means trainees work closely with Partners and Of Counsel as well as Associates to gain practical experience in research, drafting, procedural and client-related skills.
- Our two-year training programme is comprised of six four-month seats, with regular appraisals throughout.
- Our dedicated Training Principal oversees the supervision and management of our trainees.
- There are regular training sessions on legal and soft skills to enhance your development as a lawyer.
- Our extensive training programme is provided by in-house experts, clients and specialist professionals.
- Trainees undertake the Professional Skills Course during their induction programme.
- Applications for a 2019 training contract close on 02 June 2017.
We will be holding open days in the spring of 2017 which provide a good opportunity to see the London office of a US law firm in action. Applicants spend the day learning more about the firm and the work on offer in the London office as well as participating in a business game designed to give an insight into the work of a City lawyer. Applications close on 10 February 2017 and should be made via our graduate recruitment website.
Internships / placements
There are currently no vacancies on TARGETjobs. Please check back soon.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!