(based on 5 ratings in 2017)
- Trainees are often given high-level work and are trusted with a variety of tasks.
- While below those of some US firms, salaries are around the magic circle level in the UK.
- The small intake allows trainees to regularly work directly with partners and get given greater responsibility.
- Regular informal training is provided by mentors throughout the training contract.
- The high levels of responsibility can lead to some trainees feeling pressured.
- Some trainees would have liked more firm-organised socialising.
- Hours can be quite tough in some of the busier departments.
- There could be more training provided on soft skills and administration.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!