Business Design Summer Intern
Business Design at PA Consulting
We work with organisations facing disruptive threats or opportunities to define, design and implement better business models that deliver on strategic and operational goals.
We work collaboratively with our clients and guide their choices about which customers to serve, what they value, and how that value will be delivered at an appropriate return. We combine business design expertise, digital capability and innovative thinking with a strong practical focus to deliver smart, innovative solutions for complex industry issues across sectors.
Over 10-12 weeks, you'll gain valuable insights into how we transform the way organisations do business. Working closely with senior members of the Business Design service team in London, you’ll provide business development support to the team through a range of activities based on prevailing need and priorities. The support activities are likely to include a combination of:
- support on assignments with clients in the market,
- support to proposal teams as specific bids are developed in response to client requirements,
- support to proposition and collateral development teams to ensure that our best materials are readily available to consulting staff,
- support to sales and pipeline management activities, including maintenance of our critical management information.
What you'll bring to Business Design
- Ideally you will be studying business management, information systems or a related subject and on track to achieve a 2:1 minimum
- Ability to think strategically and support your decisions with sound logic and rationales
- Highly analytical approach to working with data
- Outstanding communication skills
- Collaborative and supportive attitude
The start date for this role will be in July 2019.
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
About PA Consulting Group
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?