Data Science Summer Intern
About the Role
We are looking for interns who have a genuine interest in data science and will enjoy the challenge of helping us extract and analyse data to find insights about businesses and products. You will work with some of the following technologies:
- Python, Java, Scala, R, Hadoop, Spark, OpenCV, D3, React, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Image pro-cessing, Machine Learning, AI, Internet of Things
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence are currently very in-demand areas. You will be working with the latest technologies on exciting projects and gaining marketable skills.
Data Science at PA Consulting Group
At PA we help our clients find new ways of looking at their data. Our analysis helps save people’s lives, improve others, and create new ways of doing things. Our clients come from an eclectic mix of industries, from health or transport, consumer goods or communications. Our Data Science team are the people who know how to collect and analyse their data – we work with structured and unstructured data from factory production lines to mobile phone systems to medical devices. In recent projects our team have:
- Analysed the blogosphere
- Created an Internet of Things trial for a FTSE 100 company
- Analysed live audio data to create individual sound zones
- Used neural networks to detect patterns in massive non-linear time-series
- Analysed millions of data items to identify hidden causes of loss in a manufacturing system
- Developed algorithms to predict critical drug delivery failures before they happen
What you'll bring:
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar
- An analytical mind and curiosity to learn more
- A hunger to learn and be challenged, plus the ambition to grow
- Great problem-solving skills and the confidence to challenge others
- Experience with and interest in data analytics
- Keen interest in digital trends, and how they impact people and businesses, would be advanta-geous
The start date for this role will be in July 2019.
This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
About PA Consulting Group
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?