Strategy Industrial Placement
Innovation at PA Consulting
Our Innovation team helps our clients to profit from the new.
It might be the creation of a new product (physical or digital) or it might be a new service, new business model or new way for an organisation to engage with its customers and stakeholders. Often, it’s a combination of several of these.
Led by our strategy and service design teams, and together with over 500 engineers, scientists, intelligence and analytics experts, we help our clients on their journey, with all the capabilities in-house to support the realisation of an innovation, whatever it might be.
As an industrial placement student within Strategy at PA you’ll be exposed to all aspects of the work we do in the strategy field; supporting projects and research initiatives across PA’s 9 sectors. We help our clients to identify, evaluate, select and pursue strategies that create substantial value for their stakeholders across our 4 sub-propositions:
- Strategy & Execution: Developing winning strategies that make sense of clients’ current landscape, clearly defining where to pla
- Disruptive Strategy: Defining and identifying innovative new propositions and helping bring these to market
- Customer, Sales & Marketing: Enhancing the delivery of existing products and activities through development and promotion of customer-centric strategy
- Mergers & Acquisition: Identifying, evaluating and executing acquisitions, commercial due diligence, post-merger integration and value realisation
- Research and input direct to business development, proposals for work and invitations to tender
- Supporting internal projects and initiatives within the Strategy Team and beyond across PA
- Contribution to thought leadership
- Degree (2:1 or equivalent) qualification in any discipline
- Clear interest in understanding how organisations and people behave
- Curiosity and the courage to try new things
- Ability to solve problems using both creative and analytic approaches
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good written and spoken communication
- Collaborative approach and team working skills
- Willingness to travel on business
The start date for this role will be July 2019.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights
About PA Consulting Group
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?