Energy and Utilities Graduate
Energy & Utilities at PA Consulting Group
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world. As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we turn complexity into opportunity. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
We are over 2,600 specialists in consumer, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government, healthcare, life sciences, manufacturing, and transport, travel and logistics. And we operate globally from offices across the Americas, Europe, the Nordics and the Gulf.
We work with organisations to anticipate the future, champion innovation, and unlock new potential in energy and utilities markets.
Whether it is a utility business or an energy company, a policy-maker or a regulator, a power producer or an investor, we use our deep industry knowledge to help clients achieve exceptional results.
We bring together teams with the global insight and local expertise to address clients’ challenges and help them achieve their goals.
Here’s are some of the challenges our clients face and we support them with:
- Enhance shareholder value so clients’ organisations can attract the investment you need to the future
- Capitalise on technology and innovation and use digital and mobile technology to meet customers’ changing expectations
- Navigate market and regulatory uncertainty. We help clients steer clear of dangers and spot the best opportunities ahead.
- Make the right investment decisions - even when shifts in policy and regulation make the future hard to read
- Retain and develop your talent so clients’ organisations have the right people they need to achieve their strategic goals
Your role in Energy & Utilities:
Working in the Energy & Utilities team your role will be varied and dynamic. You may be working with utility organisations who are preparing to implement their business plans, that they are in the process of submitting to Ofwat. Alternatively, you may be supporting an organisation in the roll out of Smart Meters by 2020.
As a Graduate you can expect to be working in small teams when working for a client. Your tasks will vary but will often contribute towards client deliverables. You will often be working on-site in a client organisation and will have a responsibility to meet tight deadlines.
As a Graduate you will be expected to:
- Play a key delivery role within the assignment team, leveraging own expertise and knowledge
- Contribute to a workstream of assignment activities, working and collaborating with the PA and Client team; and developing deliverables with oversight of senior team members
- Support the PA and Client team in activities such as preparing documents and assignment presentations, leading the gathering, analysing and interpreting of data, and developing deliverables with oversight of senior team members
- Play an active support role in service proposition, thought leadership development, drawing on insights from client work, service areas and sector specialisms.
- Workshop design and facilitation
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
What you'll bring to Energy & Utilities
- A 2:1 degree or equivalent. It is desirable for the subject to be Environmental Sciences, Economics, Maths or Electrical Engineering.
- It is desirable if the candidate has some previous experience in the water or energy industries or has some prior consulting experience.
- Teamwork – the ability to work effectively in teams of varying sizes and skills.
- Communication – presenting ideas and insight coherently to teams internally and to clients
- Stakeholder Management – the use of approaches to effectively manage relationships with stakeholders
- Self-starter -the ability to use initiative to find new ways of adding value for our clients.
- Problem solving – possesses analytical thinking to determine the best solutions and/or options for clients
- Creative thinking – Devises innovative ideas to help tackle challenges.
This role starts in September 2019.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
About PA Consulting Group
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we’ll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn’t it time you joined us?