Graduate Programme - Infrastructure
Want to learn from an award winning team? It’s not just producing great products that provides brilliant opportunities. At PPB we create our products on a cutting edge platform. We have built largest private cloud in Europe, based on upon software defined networking (SDN). We are pretty proud of it and it’s not just us either. This year we won global Openstack SuperUser 2017. The year before the team won the Redhat Innovation Award and the Hewlett Packard award for Innovation.
To deliver software reliably and in a repeatable fashion is a big job. We now do over 1000 deployments a day on our OpenStack platform and utilize around 3 petabytes of storage. If you are thinking of joining you need to be sure you are as passionate about technology and DevOps as we are. The reward is to join a team which aims to keep Paddy Power Betfair at the forefront of innovation and CI/CD automation. We are not resting on our laurels, can you help us get better?
- Building technology that satisfies requirements, both business and architectural
- Implementing solutions to an agreed design
- Scripting and testing automated deployments of both applications and infrastructure
- Enhancing and Monitoring our OpenStack private cloud ( internally known as i2 )
- Collaborating with subject matter experts across the technology stack, be it Java Developers, or SRE’s , Operations staff or Network architects.
- Providing advice and troubleshooting support to front-line Betfair Support Teams when required
Key Skills and Attributes
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn new skills, gain knowledge and innovate and the ability to do so at pace
- Ability to back decisions with sound rationale
- A strong sense of good practice with respect to infrastructure and development techniques
- A capacity to review and be reviewed constructively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivating, adaptable and flexible in approach
- An interest in automation, be it a Raspberry Pi or a Smart Home
- An interest in open source software projects.
- Excellent team working skills and collaborative skills.
Do you have what it takes?
- To have achieved or be on course for a minimum of a 2.1 in your degree
- A minimum of 450 points on your Leaving Certificate (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 260 UCAS Tariff points (or equivalent)
- The ambition to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- The motivation for career progression
- The flexibility to work well in teams and on your own
- Excellent communication skills
- A high record of achievement and delivery
Experience in the following is a bonus, but not essential
- Public cloud technologies and providers (e.g. AWS , Azure, Google Cloud …. )
- OpenStack – Open Source software for building private clouds.
- Scripting languages, most notably Python but not exclusively
- Experience with Networks, theoretical or practical
- Application of Agile or Lean methodologies to improve efficiency and quality in software delivery
- Good understanding of continuous delivery principles, best practices and industry standards
- Experience of source code control across multiple work streams
- Distributed caching technologies
- Gaming or Financial industry knowledge
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!