Journalism Internship At A National Newspaper
About the host organisation
This print media organisation is one of the top five most-widely read English newspapers in India. In a short 33 years, it has become the largest circulated English broadsheet newspaper in Eastern India with around one million readers daily. The newspaper offers a range of national, international and business news but is noted for its extensive coverage of Indian foreign policy.
About the internship
The intern is expected to be an active member of the metro team and lifestyle supplement news team by coming up with story ideas for news reports and features, as well as providing a vital research support for the teams. Specifically, the intern will work on stories involving food, wine, music, films, sports and arts & crafts, thus enabling them to become accustomed to the vibrant culture of India. As an intern, you may have the opportunity to write on the Sunday travel section of the newspaper, describing their experience in India as well as a chance to give advice to fellow travellers. To find out more about this internship and to apply, click here.
What we are looking for
Applicants who demonstrate the following skills are encouraged to apply:
- Clear writing skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Good team working skills
- Ability to create and develop news reports and features
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Independent worker who is self-accountable, self-motivated and self-driven
- Knowledge of social media channels
What you will gain
The internship will give you the opportunity to gain:
- First-hand experience of working in a busy newsroom
- Learn the basics of reporting and how to write for an Indian readership
- Develop your understanding of the operations of a newspaper and will have the opportunity to learn from experienced journalists in a dynamic and cosmopolitan team
These vital skills and knowledge will no doubt, pave the way for a very successful foreign correspondent and journalism career.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!